National Core Arts Standards for OrlandoFest
OrlandoFest understands that directors often need to justify an educational trip to their administration and parent/booster organizations. We have written a letter to assist you with this process. Please feel free to download this letter to help with your trip planning.
OrlandoFest is designed to have the highest education experience possible. Each group will work with an adjudicator selected to enhance the skills of each specific group. Students attending OrlandoFest will cover many of the essential standards required by the National Standards of Music, which support the state music standards. Below is a list of standards that will be covered by your OrlandoFest performance and onstage workshop.
What Makes OrlandoFest the Premier Educational Music Festival in Orlando:
- Our average on-stage clinics are 15 minutes
- Students perform on a stage in a performing arts center
- 30-minute warm up in an acoustically sound environment
- Digital recordings of each performance
- Specifically assigned adjudicators for your ensemble’s discipline
What are the National Music Content Standards? The new 2014 Music Standards are all about Music Literacy. Created under the leadership of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME), they emphasize conceptual understanding in areas that reflect the actual processes in which musicians engage. The standards cultivate a student’s ability to carry out the Artistic Processes of:
National Core Arts Standers that are covered during OrlandoFest Music Festival.
- Anchor Standard #5: Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #6: Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #7: Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #8: Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #9: Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #10: Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Anchor Standard #3: Refine and complete artistic work.